Skinner Stalking : Very much planned

Honestly, you turn you back for two minutes and someone else on the sweepstake has popped their clogs. Hello, goodbye, and start pushing up the daisies please to Sir Edward Heath, who gave up the ghost tonight and is another one that can now be crossed off at www.deathlist.net.

Yesterday, my physiotherapist centre (Metis) sent me a letter telling me that I had a bad back, and that I was going to have a spend a lot of money with them to make it better.

Of course, they didn’t put it like that though – oh no, they said that I’m suffering from: “Dicogenic lumbar dysfunction with associated muscle imbalance”.

Imbalance! I’ll give you imbalance – The only future imbalance I’m likely to be suffering is from a lighter wallet in my pocket when they then decided for me that I need a further 11 sessions which will cost me the tidy sum of �355, and that even then “This is just a best estimate guide”. Do I have the worlds most expensive Physio, or what? Grrr.

Anyway. Sunday. Day of recording of Baddiel & Skinner : Unplanned, which I finally (at the fourth attempt) got to see at last with my friend Janet from work.

Being BBC, we showed our passed and blagged our way into the building first before they’d let anyone else in, and found ourselves with a bunch of 20 years olds who had also just been let into the audience reception for a recording of Top of the Pops which has now moved to Sundays.

We then loitered by the right door, so that we were then front of the queue and got front row seats in the studio. Marvelous.

I did stick my hand up to be chosen as secretary, and Frank did see me … but David liked the look of someone in the row behind me instead – who they chose, and he turned out to be crap and didn’t say much. Or spill poplerly. Or draw very good diagrams. Bastard.

iBod T-ShirtI did however get my question in first .. first I tell you! .. and I can’t guarantee that they’re going to show it, but I’d like to think that they won’t edit me out, in which case I’ll be on telly for about 10 seconds tonight on ITV2 at 9pm, or on tomorrow night (Tuesday) on ITV1 at 11pm.

What did I ask? Well all I’ll say as a clue is … “Bod”, oh – and here’s the t-shirt I was wearing this evening, (courtesy of www.spice.co.uk) which should give it away as well.

Show over – and it was time to get Frank’s autograph. So we ducked under the audience barriers on the way out, flashing our passes .. and onto the corridor and stalked the dressing rooms.

Yes, you read that right: ‘stalk the dressing rooms’. Ok, so I casually loitered about in exact corridor that I knew Frank Skinner would have to walk down to get from the studio to his dressing room, and sure enough … within 5 minutes he came walking along, with two assistant at his side.

Skinner's AutographHe saw me first from a distance and said “Ah! The ‘Bod’ T-Shirt man!” , as I whipped out a copy of his autobiography from where I’d been keeping it down my trousers, mock-wiped the sweat off of it, and asked him to sign it.

Have no fear in stalking your celebrity idols people, ’cause he was dead nice, signed my book, made a witty comment and shook my hand (although he looked slightly apprehensive whilst doing so) and I was done .. a happy man.

All that build up to a moment all over in 10 seconds. More embarrassingly, I did have my camera in my pocket, and would have asked for a photo had he not had two people with him – so I chickened out, said “Thank you!”, and that was it. Sigh.

33 responses to “Skinner Stalking : Very much planned”

1. ian says:

Physiotherapist? Spend Money? Have the NHS been dismantled? Did I miss a memo?

Oh it’s my own choice to go private. But i thought (foolishly) that I would have 3 or 4 sessions. Not TWELVE in total.

Don’t worry, I’ll go for 3 or 4, and then forget to book a next appointment.

3. ian says:

Ah. Well now on to my second point. Are you sure that your spooling would be any better than the chosen one? 🙂

Exhibit A: “more affecttive”, earlier today on the wireless lanai.

Is 30 quid a session really that extortionate. You’d pay more than that at an NHS dentist (assuming the dentist was willing to do physiotherapy, naturally)

4. I’m quite pleased I didn’t go to the recording in the end.

Today, I’ve been to not one, not two, but THREE separate gigs.

Needless to say, I’m slightly knackered..

It’s 42.50 for 5 sessions. Then 3 at 25, then one at 42.50, then a ‘free’ one, then a final review at 25. yes, that’s expensive!

And you spend far too much time on the internet, Ian !

And you spend far too much time at gigs, Chris !

7. Well, you spend far too much time listening to your iPod on the tube, Geoff!

8. Yorkie says:

It sounds like you’re paying for somebody with marketing skills, rather than a physiotherapist.

9. Yorkie says:

why didn’t that comment put my “” tag on the end?

10. Yorkie says:

“”[/pedant]””

11. ian says:

I’m sorry – Is there somewhere else?

12. ian says:

And two dead former Prime Ministers so far this year… Let’s go for the hat-trick!

Watching it on ITV2 now … and … they cut me out! Oh yes! Bastards. Obviously not good enough, and you’ll never know what I got to ask after all, tsk!

14. Hmm.. that saves me the effort of stooping low enough to actually watch it..

Oh no hang on .. I’ve just been in shot. The woman at the end that asks about sperm-banks, I’m sat next to her…

16. Wooh!

Media whorage exercise #4b was a success!

I’ll raise my drink and celebrate, before quietly passing out in the corner!

silly mikey forgot to watch…will have to remember to watch the proper airing tom

i tried to write tomorrow, but it wouldnt let me, and tom is all i could write

believe me … it’s so not worth it …

20. Smudger says:

I think you’ll find you were also in shot at the start, begrudgingly applauding Pat after he was chosen as the secretary…

21. Sod Baddiel & Skinner- it’s Tarantino’s CSI tonight!

This is historic TV, my friends!

Almost as historic as when five postponed it last week.. Hmm..

im watching now geoff….

hahah…i spotted geoff…ur right, begrudgingly clapping pat as the secretary

24. James (#510) says:

A: We’re you the one Frank said “looks keen”?
    B: Why so depressed during the sperm bank question?

and C:……

What DID you ask?

Currently sat at work (nightshift) watching it. One of my colleagues at home spots me and rings me up – “I’ve just seen you on TV”, er.. yes!

Still maintain Pat was crap though. Should of chosesn ME Frank, ME!

26. James (#510) says:

Just to assure you I’m not illiterate, the ‘ in “we’re” was accidental – too tired to check first!

I was the one that Frank said “looks keen”, yes… and then David over-ruled him. arse.

was I looking depressed? oh. er.. i didn’t think i was!

I asked them what they’re favourite childrens TV programmes were and could they hum the theme tunes. David ended up humming the tune to “magic roundabout”, whilst Frank off his own back said “Bod” and started immitating with his fingers how their legs used to go up and down in that strange fashion.

Frank then asked ME what my favourite show was, and I pointed to my t-shirt .. which has Bod.. iBod on it, and Frank said “oh”, because by that time he’d already done the Bod thing so they couldn’t ask me to sing it, and I said something like “Yes, you’ve stoken my thunder”.. er.. not THAT funny, and I guess was why they cut it!

Fear not .. the run of shows isn’t over yet – i’m going to try and get some more tickets and will attempt to get on again!

28. zuzula says:

you actually bought the T shirt?! oh god….. 😉

29. camel toe says:

I haven’t been up to much recently, but whatever. I just don’t have much to say lately. Basically nothing happening to speak of. So it goes. My mind is like a complete blank. Such is life.

30. Elmer Foster says:

I believe this one applies “Unless each man prodiuses more than he receives, increases his output, there will be less for him than all the others”, doesn’t it?