Again?

Shit.

Tube system shut down following blasts: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

12 responses to “Again?”

1. It strikes me that several people are playing a very sick joke.

I really don’t think it’s something to be worried about.

2. James says:

I think it’s just someone out to prove it can be done… I also think they just earned themselves a stay in an HMP Hotel…

3. James (#510) says:

I agree with Chris – it is probably a stunt or a joke, but I think we SHOULD worry, because this s**t keeps happening. 2 incidents in as many weeks is not good!

4. Mark says:

Let’s stay calm until we know what’s going on.

5. Jono says:

Yeah, no-one hurt, no real damage done.

This is more of an annoyance than a threat.

6. At least one arrest’s been made.

Considering how quickly someone’s been caught, it suggests that they probably didn’t know what they were doing, and rules out organised terrorism.

Apparently, one man escaped from Warren Street, probably after his device failed to go off properly, and ran into the UC Hospital! Staff were asked to look out for a man with wires sticking out of his top (!!) and armed police ran into the building shortly afterwards!

This doesn’t seem to be of the scale of two weeks ago, as far as I can tell at the moment.

8. Ben French says:

It’s probably “The Sun” testing the attitudes of staff and police on tube trains so shortly after such a disaster. (a la breaking into Buck Palace, going to Harry’s military training camp with a fake bomb….)

I can see the headline now with some proudly grinning chumps on the front going “look what we did”

Seriously though, I hope this is a completely seperate incident and that no-one was hurt.

9. French Saunders says:

Maybe people should their mouths shut until they know what’s going on, eh? This was very serious.

10. That’s a bit harsh, I think. Based on what we knew at the time, the idea of it being a prank seemed the most likely explanation. Are you suggesting that in the heat of the moment, people should keep to themselves and worry about what the hell’s going on?

At the end of the day, any bomb attack is serious. Luckily, today’s copycat attack was performed by people who didn’t know what they were doing. Given the significant forensic evidence, it won’t be too long before they’re caught.

Yes, we had a lucky escape. But I maintain it’s really not something to be worried about.

11. Mark says:

Reports of police shooting suspected suicide bomber at Stockwell station.

This sums up the mood quite nicely today I think…