Wiiiillma!

Fred FlintstoneI know it’s wrong, and not funny, and there are people suffering, but surely I’m not the only one who everytime hurricane Wilma gets mentioned on the news, I just find myself thinking of Fred Flintstone and him shouting “Wiiiilllmmmaa!” at the top of his voice. Right .. right? Thought so.

MadonnaI also need to plug the new Madonna single “Hung up” because it is – quite simply – just fantastic. I can’t rave about it enough. She’s sampled the catchy bit from Abba’s “Gimme Gimme Gimme”, put it to an infectiously catchy dance beat, and it’s the sort of record that wants to make me get up and dance even when I haven’t been drinking. That’s how good it is!

Anyway, it’s now my current ‘play continuously to death‘ track and is shooting up avec-vitesse my iTunes count (34 times in one day so far…), and I implore you to listen out for it on the radio because you’ll love it too. She’s got a new album out soon too which is full of more upbeat stonkers mixed back to back together in one continuous stretch rather than seperate album tracks. Should be interesting.

My eBay profileAnyway, I’m all excited because I’ve got a cyan star on my eBay profile as I’ve reached 100 feedback comments, 99 of which are positive, and only 1 neutral – and it only took me two years to get there. That’s an average of about 1 eBay transaction per week. Gosh.

22 responses to “Wiiiillma!”

Does this work?

If not… http://homepages.tesco.net/houseofsteel/welldone2.jpg

This Madonna song had better be good. Otherwise, it would signify that a growing number of people are raving about rubbish songs (Ahem, James Blunt, ahem).

Ah, Jesus, the link was wrong in the first place. Please edit the previous comment if you can, Geoff!

OK, so the tag didn’t work whether the URL was right or not. It should be /images/welldone2 at the end of it. Please delete all this inane drivel, but leave a correct link to the image! Thanks!

You mean like this?

Ermm. Thanks! (I think)

The Madonna song is SERIOUSLY good. You can’t help but tap you foot, fingers, etc.. or just want to get up and boogie your pants off. It puts a smile on your face, a spring in your steps, it makes long division easy, it makes brussel sprouts edible, it makes Skodas fashionable, cinema telephone booking systems become pleasant to use, the council remove speed bumps from your road, no trains are ever late late again, etc.. THAT’S how good it is!

5. I hate to say this (Darn it etc) but Geoff is right. Normally, dance music puts me off but this song from Madonna, simply is brilliant! Apparently, she is only the second person Abba have let sample their music. Now if I was listening to Radio 2 properly I could tell you who was the first, but I wasn’t so I can’t. Was anyone else listening?

6. James #510 says:

Why did you bother to hide your eBay username? Surely everyone’s seen it already.

7. Andrew says:

Why have you bought a Bus Conductors thingamy?

Perhaps he’s looking to make a profit – but for 62 total? Oof!

PS. Imaginative ebay name, Geoff… 😉

Yes, i appear to have bought at 1950’s “setright” bus conductors machine, because i’m being an uscher for a wedding this saturday, and the bride & groom have hired a bus to transport everyone about.

being ‘transport man’ they’ve put me in charge of the bus (natch), and so i thought it would be fun to have an authentic ticket machine so that i can issue tickets to people as they get on the bus.

“fares please!”. cool.

if you see Red Routemaster in the Kew/Richmond/Twickenham area this saturday, then that’s probably me…

Now THAT is excellent. But as an “uscher”, are you going to speak in German to everyone?

11. Mark Garth says:

I love the new Madonna song, it’s now downloaded and rising up my playlists. PS Have you used your Welsh tickets yet?

12. Peter says:

Talking of words that look like German, I always thought it’d be amusing to see Hammersmith spelt “Hammerschmidt”. Did anyone else?

13. RossP says:

My first car was a Skoda. So if the new Madonna song now makes them fashionable, does that mean I was ahead of my time?

14. Chich says:

Geoff you just couldn’t leave the flinstone gag out could you lol. Got any tenpennys govnor? Off to listen to that song

The ticket machine hasn’t actually arrived yet, but when it does I’m thinking of setting it to say:

Return ticket to “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch ” please.

“Hung up” rocks. Seriously. It’s just fantastic.

16. Chich says:

I’m bloody hooked on this song now, not many madge songs i like, but this corrrrr, deffo on repeat!

Care to put up audio of u saying dat welsh name – lol

17. Chich says:

Ok this track is a killer now, what the hell are the remixes gonna be like?

Oh yeh just chip this track in as well “Natural” by Infusion, just heard a clip of it and seaching like mad for it

An audio clip of me saying “Llanfair…” !! Er, no. Sorry.

The whole new Madonna album is in the same vibe/beat, there’s not one slow track on it, and it’s getting rave reviews. One of tracks is a sample of a Pink Floyd song too, so that should make Neil happy.

And likewise, Madge to me is so mainstream that I don’t often “do” her, but this is completely infectious!

19. Geoff's Mum (Tina) says:

Thanks Geoff, I heard the Madonna song on Rad2 also, and I was racking my brain
    trying to remember which tune was sampled. I liked it too, if that’s alright with you young crowd. Re wedding, isn’t there a band or pop person called ‘Usher’ same spelling. I am going to buy you a
    dictionary for Xmas I think!

20. Chich says:

Tut tut Geoff getting told off by your mum yet again!

I think he’s enjoying something he got today finally too much instead of blogging (nudge nudge)

Am on the case now mate.. have only just got round to mentioning me meeting up with you on Monday.

and NO MENTION OF YOU-KNOW-WHAT! y’see? aren’t i nice..