Wedding number 674,312

Pudsey Bear - Children in NeedIt’s Friday. And i’m not at work. On a day when there will probably be in the building more ‘celebs’ that ever before, as it’s Children In Need day here at the Beeb, and all normall programming for evening is scrapped for our annual charity thang. TVC crawls with activity all day and there are loads of people to see around the place.

And me? I’ll be at another wedding in Ruislip – this time for a mate that’s already been married once, and he liked it so much he thought he’d get divorced and do it again. Wedding number two then for him, and I haven’t even done it once yet …

But there were people already buzzing around at work yesterday though, including one rather beautiful moment when I got into the lift .. with Bruce Forsyth! The legend. Fantastic.

He was going to the fourth floor .. I was going to the seventh. And again, I had to summon up a lot of mental strength to avoid making a twat of myself and making a “Are you sure you don’t want to go higher … higher than a four?” type of gag. Heh. I bet he’s never heard that before.

Anyway – tune into tonight on BBC1, and give us a call and pledge us some dosh. Cheers.

15 responses to “Wedding number 674,312”

1. ian says:

Don’t give the sneaky beggar another wedding present! He should have returned the last one!

Do you know if BBC viewing figures actually go down on children in need night?

2. Peter says:

Talking of Bruce Forsyth, does he not share my birthday?

Geoff! You have let Pete here down…

4. Rob(Geoff's brother-in-law) says:

Bruce Forsyth………A true star!

I believe that ‘The Bruce’ does indeed share Pete’s birthday. But it did not occur to me, whoops…

6. Simon says:

Was it nice to see him, to see him…

7. Peter says:

I can just imagine the conversation in the lift – “Hi Bruce, you happen to share a birthday with my mate Pete, would you consider meeting up with him, as we’re both trying to find 50 other like-birthdayed people!”

8. Neil says:

Sadly, under your own rules, Mr Forsyth is not eligible to join the club as he is currently 77 years old and you’re only going up to 65.

It would have been the best one you’d ever got though.

9. Peter says:

We made the rules, therefore we reserve the right to bend/alter them as we see fit.

10. Ah …. would you give him 50p though for sharing your birthday Pete? 50p seems a little stingey for old Brucey!

11. Geoff's Mum (Tina) says:

I have actually met the annoying Mr Forsyth, before you were born Geoff. I went to the TV Centre to see a screening of ‘The Generation Game‘ because your Grandfather and Aunt were taking part, it was 1970 I believe.

You should have asked him if he remembers the Marshalls taking part! He was chatting up the ‘Give us a twirl’ Anthea in the Green Room after the show (she later became his wife).

Beat that then. Talking of meeting famous people, I once danced with Kenny Ball’s brother.

12. Chris says:

Why do I suddenly predict a surge in the number of requests in Archives for old episodes of The Generation Game..?