I never knew there was so much in it

Tardis (Unopened)Christmas has come early (Well okay, they were playing Christmas songs in the shops in my local high street about three weeks ago but I tried to ignore it), but what with it being December tomorrow then maybe I should start to acknowledge the fact that it’s come around to that time of year again.

I was like a kid on Christmas morning though as I finally got my hands on the entire box set of this years ‘Dr. Who‘ series, which had already been released as four seperate DVD’s over the past few months, but I was holding out for the box set with all those four DVD’s plus a bonus ‘Confidential‘ disc too.

And can I make the predictable gag? May I? Please? Of course I can … !

It’s amazing how when you open up the Tardis shaped box that it all comes packaged in, how much bigger it is on the inside than it looks on the outside. Boom boom.

Tardis (Opened)And I’ve just checked the schedules, and the ‘Christmas Invasion‘ special episode is being screened on Christmas day here at 7pm on BBC1.

And so, yet another countdown for me begins …

Also – annoyingly, the DHT cover of ‘Listen to .. ‘ which I mentioned yesterday I’ve now decided is really good, and I keep playing it repeatedly, along with the new Robbie single ‘Advertising Space’.

It might even make my Top 5 of the year, but I’m not sure if I should admit that or not …

11 responses to “I never knew there was so much in it”

1. jo says:

its going to be a good christmas!

are you looking forward to david tennant’s stint as the doctor? i am.

2. Paul Webb says:

Did anybody see David Tennant as Dr Who on Children in Need night. I didn’t. Was he any good?

3. Chris says:

Ooh- you have the christmas listings..

Any chance you could tell me who’s on Top of the Pops on December 18th? Also, if there’s an episode going out on Christmas day (which I’d suspect would contain a pre-record from the week before)?

Ta.

4. See, I still think the DVD box set is the wrong shape to be the TARDIS. It’s too squat and short, damnit!

5. samantha says:

droooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Andrew – ssh! you’re just jealous. but when you buy yours (and you know you will), just remember your staff pass for your 10% discount!

7. Give me that box set. Now.

8. Miles says:

Yes the Children in Need Dr Who bit was fabulous. You could watch it online at the Children in Need site, but it looks as if the video’s been taken down now. I’ve got the Who box set too, but have to finish watching the Lost & Alias DVD’S first! Although the Tardis box is kind-of cool, I wish there was a shelf-space-saving narrow option!

9. Bumble says:

I soooo want that. Tsk.
    Ooooh don’t you have the doctor who screensaver that counts down to Christmas then?

There was a teaser/trailer on BBC1 tonight (2nd Dec) at about 8pm.

It has this christmas tree in someones lounge slowly twisting/morphing into something else, and then just some text which said “Christmas is coming…” and the Doctor Who music! it got me all excited…

Oh, and this is relevant, check this out:

It’s NOT being shown in the states, so box sets are going for ’s on eBay as the americans import them in!