Today’s …

Today’s Confession:

James BluntI think I might be developing a liking for James Blunt. Hush that shrill! He was on TV at the weekend with an acoustic set that he’d recorded here at work – “James Blunt at the BBC”, and I found myself getting really into it – especially a cover of the classic tune by the Pixies – ‘Where is my mind’. So yes – me, a James Blunt fun. That’s quite embarassing isn’t it?

Today’s Celeb Spot at work:

Zoe Ball(Actually Yesterdays) … Was Zoe Ball. She who I used to oggle over when she used to present Saturday morning TV all those years ago, was seen by yours truly in the building looking desperately thin, smoking (yuk!) and actually looking quite old for her age I would have said. She’s only 35 but she deffo looked much older! Oh, and it was indeed because they’d all just come out of Strictly Come Dancing.

Today’s Best Quote:

“Have you noticed how when men get all wobbly and lovesick, they can’t eat and therefore lose weight, but when women get all worked up it just makes them eat more and they put on weight!”.

Really? I don’t believe this. Do you? Discuss!
Right, that’s it .. I’m now off to go and stalk all the sports celebs that are now turning up for the Sports Personality of the Year award.

61 responses to “Today’s …”

1. jamie cullum says:

Geoff looks like you have lost all your zest since you started your blog. Maybe it will improve from the New Year.
    Geoff whats with all the typos and wrong spelling. If you are going to do something do it right. 🙂

Merry Xmas everybody that reads tubegeek’s blog.

Geoff is dying a death, it must be said. Maybe it’s the toxic cloud.

3. How old are you, Anthony? Under 25, am I right? Had your heart broken recently? 😉

Women (most) love Blunt. Accept it lads!!

4. amy says:

I looooooove James 🙂 Have even got my husband on to him. It would seem “Your Beautiful” hit the Canadian airwaves in the past day or so. Husband heard it today. Welcome to Canada James!

It’s not that I can’t tolerate love songs – it’s just that this one is bad!

6. Ian says:

I am not under 25, and I agree with every single word that Anthony has said regarding that Blunt. If anything, he is far too kind to the whining MOR mediocrity.

At the Pixies concert, you could order a CD of the gig.. arrived a couple of weeks ago and just burnt it for a mate who came with us.. and added Blunts Pixies song on at the end (plus Placebo one, which is pretty good!) *L* Our mate might kill me!

8. LOL! We either love Blunt or hate him. Have you noticed? At least we all mainly agree that we hate George Bush. Yes?

9. Kathleen says:

so tell the blunt stories for those of us who haven’t heard them!! I’m soooo curious now and google provides NO answers 🙁

10. Yorkie says:

58: At least that’s an American making the general proposition that we all say ‘no’ to George Bush. Otherwise they might think I’m racist.

11. Yorkie: new polling numbers now show that 70% of Americans believe Bush misled us into war. Also that a majority would now vote for an unnamed Democrat if the presidential elections were held today. But what good does it do us now? Damage is done!

(Geoff, sorry for veering off topic!)