The shortest day, and the longest week

Well here we go, it’s all on the up from here … the shortest day has arrived which means that even though you’ll notice it too late to avoid getting SAD in about mid-February, the daylight hours are actually technically getting longer from this point on, and just think – only 9 weeks until the clocks go forward!

Gloucester RoadIt’s also the longest week – the countdown continues – and not just the one until the Christmas Day episode of Doctor Who either, as I find myself rather nastily doing a 6 day/60 hours week stint at work at the moment culminating in working on Xmas day itself. Still … fulfillment is not far away now.

Gloucester RoadSaw something quite marvelous travelling home on tube last night, whilst passing through one of my favourite stations on the system – Gloucester Road.

London Underground run a scheme known as Platform for Art, with GR station being one of the main showcases.

They’re currently running (until May) some work by the artist Beatriz Milhazes, and I couldn’t help but notice the similarity between this, and the artwork/cover to my favourite albums/CD’s of all time, namely Lemonjelly’sKY“. It helped to brighten up what would have otherwise been a miserable journey home for me.

Right then. Four days to go until Christmas. I must start buying some presents at somepoint …

7 responses to “The shortest day, and the longest week”

1. Marco says:

Coffee? I’m in W12 today

2. Alan Perks says:

What’s going on here then Geoff? Your last blog said you’d already bought and wrapped presents?

3. Have a good one Geoff, and I hope your Christmas Day shift passes without too many unnecessary interruptions.

4. Andrew(TM) says:

I think I’ve done all my Christmas shopping (will find out tonight when I begin wrapping!)
    Technically [geek alert] *next* week will be the longest week for 7 years, since we’ll be getting a bonus ‘leap second’ at 2005 December 31 23h 59m 60s – and for anyone bothered to listen, there’ll be a *seven*-pip timesignal on the radio to hail the New Year!

Merry Christmas.

Just a little blog-artistic license Alan!

But then no matter how much one does christmas wise, there always seems to be yet another gift you can get for someone, isn’t there?

Anyway. I’m definetely all set now. Honest. No, really…

Did you see the “last minute shopping” programme last night with Adrian Edmondson? It did well to highlight the worrying last-minute habits of blokes everywhere!

7. zuzula says:

I love Gloucester Rd too!

have a wonderful xmas hon. Not long to go now 🙂