Two Nations

Streets - Two NationsIt’s a funny old world.

I would never have dreamed that an obscure Streets song would end up being the soundtrack to my week, but that’s the way life goes sometimes. And so I’m playing it … a lot.

[Two Nations MP3 clip]

Don’t steal music though kids, go and download the whole thing legally … 🙂

15 responses to “Two Nations”

1. Jono says:

Not one of his better efforts…

2. Chris says:

I do wish that Mike Skinner would just fuck off and die.

“I do wish that Mike Skinner would just fuck off and die.”

That about sums it up for me

4. The Divine Mrs M says:

Not a lot of Streets fans round here then…

5. Skarlett says:

so drugs and violence are your thoughts on your move to America?

Interesting – and frightening all at once.

I promise we’re not as bad as all that.

🙂

Actually, I say “obscure”, but it is in fact a track off of his new album, which is currently No.1 in the UK album chart! – So not everyone wants him to fuck off and die.

I can see why people don’t like him – and I’m not saying that song is entirely pertinent, with drugs and killings references, I’m just saying that I like it, and it’s my tune of the week. It just happens to be a little bit UK vs US, which is of course relevant to me right now!

7. [geoff]No music is shit, everyone has their own reasons for liking what songs they like[/qeoff]

Oh yes.

8. Chris says:

Incidentally, I was forced to stand through that Streets bollocks several weeks ago, when I went to see The Album Chart Show being recorded.

I would have left if Richard Ashcroft wasn’t on afterwards.

9. The Divine Mrs M says:

My name is Lynne and I like The Streets.

😛

10. scottb says:

Just had a listen…[BARF]…yeah, it’s great!

I bought the album yesterday. I like The Streets. I thought the last album was superb, and have liked what I have heard of the current.

12. Paul Webb says:

I too like The Streets. Not sure about him musically, but he is one of the few acts/performers around who tries to create a real English voice (a la Ian Dury/PSB/Bonzo Dogs) rather than be an ersatz American.

Not that I have anything agains Americans: I just like my Americans American and my English English.

I’d like to add that the Underground Masker also keeps his upper lip stiff and knows not of this enormous country on the other side of the Atlantic.

I think Mike Skinner is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Some poeple just don’t “get” him. But that’s ok! As Ian nicely reminds us (#7), everyones personal taste in music IS just a preference, that doesn’t harm anybody…

15. anony-mouse says: