The Weekly Wait

My WeightJust a quick one. I should say that all the stress (!) of moving here, meant that I felt that I deserved a well earned break, so ended up going away on a mini-break for two nights, inland slightly from Charleston to a beautiful place in the country.

Thus, having eaten hearty buffet style breakfasts, and fine evening meals, I was hoping that I would have put on a pound or two. And had I?

Up!Saturday 13th May : 155 pounds / 70.3 Kilograms. (Up from 154 / 69.9 last week)

Or 11 Stone, 1 pound if you’re someone that can’t do the math maths for themselves.

More, same time next week …

23 responses to “The Weekly Wait”

I have lost about 10kg through being a bit ill, and come down to 73Kg, so you’re not far from me, scary

2. Thanks for the math conversion.

At this rate you’ll be 13 and a half stone by Christmas, and obesely wobbly by the end of 2008.

3. Bob Hannent says:

Geoff,

I hate to rain on your parade, but suspect that thats a statistical anomolly, potentially even possible to alter by a lenghty visit to the bathroom.

I think I have an idea what might be your problem, sex burns a lot of calories… cut back and eat more pies!

4. Bob Hannent says:

what molly has to do with it being an ‘anomaly’ I am sure we will never know.

Don’t panic Bob, that’s probably how these crazy Americans spell ‘anomaly’ over here, so you would have gotten away with it …

6. The last thing to go will be the English spellings.

7. Johnny Alpha says:

Hey Geoff, myself and “Geoff’s Cousin” can give you the answer to putting on weight, and that answer is “India”.

Which brings me tenuously on to using your blog as a way to getting a message to your cousin, ‘cos I hope he’ll read this!

Hey Geoff’s Cousin … did you ever get to try “India” in Stafford Road? If you didn’t, scoot down there on a Tuesday night, when you can get a starter, main, one side dish and a coffee for the princely sum of 7.95. Anything from the menu, though king prawn dishes are an extra three quid.

I did it last Tuesday and it was spiffing, though I did manage to bump the bill up to over 18 by being Mr. Creosote!

Sounds like the Curry Cottage in Dunstable. Glorious food and brilliant prices on a Tuesday.

9. Camilla says:

i weigh more than geoff!!! omg thats awful. i think i might have to go comfort eat

I think the issue is though … finding a decent curry house in Charleston – tricky. I thus ended up trying to cook my own one for me a Leigh on Wednesday night, left the pan unattended and I just caught it as it started to burn! oops. still haven’t managed to clean the pan/wok yet.

Mr Alpha… why don’t I just give you my cousins email address! 🙂

11. Tower Block Tina says:

If you want cheap, filling grub, just hop on a flight to Kuala Lumpur. Underneath the
    shopping mall in the main city is a fabulous ‘food mall’ with food from all nations at ridiculously low prices, e.g. chicken, rice, curry for about 5 Ringits, that’s less than a pound. It’s very clean and served with a smile, air-conditioned too! They have a mono-
    rail train too at street level that’s brilliant, aircon, and NO LITTER. London Underground take note.

Don’t get the Tube fanboys started on why you can’t (they can’t afford to) put air conditioning on the Tube!

13. Jono says:

If the pan isn’t non-stick, just burn it even more. Eventually it’ll just turn to carbon and you’ll be able to scrub it off quite easily.

14. Andrew says:

#13 – and then spend the week getting the smell out of the house?

15. James (510) says:

#14 – use a camping stove and do it outside!

If you want good curry in London, heading to Drummond Street, just near Euston Station is your best bet in my opinion. ravi Shankar is my fave, but it migh be vegetarian. YUM!

17. The Divine Mrs M says:

#11 – I’m with you on that one. I’m still trying to find “authentic” Malaysian food in London, 12 years or so after my last visit. That chicken satay is to die for. Do they mince it with sugar or something??

Char Kway Teow was my staple diet on Langkawi in a little beach hut place near the Pelangi Beach. Ah memories. I’d love to go back there one day. When did you visit?

18. Tower Block Tina says:

Mrs M. – I stopped over last month for 3 days en route to New Zealand, found it a
    fascinating place, a combination of the old: street traders offering massages and
    late night shopping with music, and the new: dozens of mobile phone shops all in the
    same shopping mall, and of course the ‘Food Court’

RIght, there are officially NO curry houses in Charleston! Have just been hunting online and can’t find anything at all. This is not good…!

Do you think the one in Drummond Street do deliveries? to the USA?

20. Helen says:

geoff why havent you posted another blog since saturday!! I keep checking!!

21. Tower Block Tina says:

There is obviously a gap in the market here Geoff, you should open a Curry House
    yourself in Charleston.

22. Peter says:

Someone mentioned the food mall in Kuala Lumpur, and I thought it’d be only fair that Oriental City in Colindale gets a mention. On the Edgware Road (about 0.5 mile walk from Colindale tube, or just off the North Circular if you’re driving there), and there’s a great Chinese restaurant (that’s the link with Malaysia) there called Zen Tian Di. Buffet type arrangement. Really nice. Good prices and stuff too. Ok, so it’s not a curry house, but it’s great there, and it’s eat as much as you like. Loads of pseudo-“fast food” type stuff, like deep fried squid as well.