Three little things

Random fact of the week I discovered: On average – 20,000 people in America are murdered each year.

My favourite quote of the week: “There are four seasons in Charleston – Summer, summer, summer and Christmas”.

Sudden thing I realise you don’t get here: Birds chirping in the trees in the morning. I miss that.

Still, it’s pissed down with the rain twice now in the last couple of days, including one huge fuck-off sized thunder & lightning storm which woke everyone up at 4am in the morning, making me feel more at home. 🙂

My WeightI’d have been kinda scared to think that I could drop any lower than what I weighed last week, so it’s ‘nice’ to go back up, but also it the least that I expected. I dream of being 155 pounds again though …

Up!Saturday 3rd June : 151 pounds / 68.5 Kilograms. (Up from 149 / 67.6 last week). Can’t be bothered to do stones & pounds conversion this week, sorry.

15 responses to “Three little things”

1. You need some meat in your sausages. That’ll sort your weight out

why aren’t there birds chirping?

3. I’ll tell you what I miss in Sounds of the South:

* crickets chirping late at night
    * the sound of cooling fans going off well into the night. Strangely soothing.

No idea, but at 6am this morning as the sun was rising and I was wide awake, I was awake that it was just .. quiet! Couldn’t hear any wildlife.

Conversley though, the other night all I could hear was the sound of a zillon frogs croaking themselves to death. That was kinda cool.

5. Camilla says:

why did this appear today, dated saturday, my mind is confuzzled

because my body clock is still ‘adjusting’ 🙂

7. I’ll trade ya. Here, nesting cardinals with their chee-chee-chee-chee (a most obnoxious and annoying sound) wake us up every AM at daybreak..I do not mind however the mynah birds chattering and walking on my roof…

Proportionally, considering the size of the country, that number of murders isn’t that huge… and I bet most of them are domestic violence situations, not random.

I cannot imagine why you are still losing weight! (or not gaining sufficiently)..Now that you don’t have to run from Tube station to station, you should be packing on the poundage! Time for more gravy and biscuits..

8. Ciaran says:

Never mind all that… have you got a job yet?

Come on… you did enough skiving at the BBC, they won’t stand for that shit in the good old US of A.

Job Centre now sonny, that’s your best move!

9. Ciaran says:

Just had a brilliant idea. Why don’t you buy a donkey, grow a beard and dress up as Jesus. Make sure its around the time of a religious festival;. A mate of mine did that in Spain and got free beer for a week in some tiny Spanish village.

10. Camilla says:

does that actually work? hmmmm might have to try that!

#9 – LOL! And i really meat that … Ciaran, I am in a coffee shop with free wireless in downtown Charleston, and people just turned and looked at me when I laughed at that!

And bizarrely, it’s actually Spoleto Festival fortnight here in Charleston at the moment, so there ARE lots of artsy people and weird things going on at the moment anyway! A jesus figure wandering about probably would blend in very well…

Oh, and Leigh couldn’t believe my “No birds noises” comment – so I have to say that washing up at the sink this morning, a beautiful red cardinal did indeed land on the neugbours truck outside and start chirping, so I had my “nature” moment after all. Excellent.

12. Ciaran says:

Camilla, it might be a bit difficult for a female. You might get lynched as a blasphemer. Maybe you could team up with Geoff and pretend to be Mary.
    Geoff, have you got Sandals and a donkey? If so, get weaving me old mucker.

#12 – I bought some beachwear flip-flops yesterday. they’re the closest thing I have to sandals. that’d work.

14. Chucker says:

Out here in the country (Hanahan) I have an automatic bird-sound-turner-on…whenever my orange cat wanders outdoors, he is greeted by whistles, trills, caws and screeches. The Blue Jays come VERY close as they zoom in on him, squawking the whole time. The cardinals and sparrows keep a distance and a din.

Oh, maybe your failure to gain weight is due to a faulty scale. Mine, for eaxample, keeps adding pounds.

15. Alan Perks says:

Only one problem for Geoff trying to impersonate Jesus; yes, he’d need to start growing that beard now ready for NEXT year!!