A is for …

This won’t be exciting for any Charlestonians at all, and I guess after this one or the first couple it’ll have less of a novelty value for me as well, but the first hurricane of the season is here … and heading my way!

Actually, that’s a bit of a lie, because Alberto (as it’s been named) has actually been classified at a Tropical Storm, and as of Tuesday morning has hit the west coast of Florida.

And where’s it going next? North East inland and then up the coast .. right through Charleston! And it’s due to get a little windy (about 40mph) and very rainy tonight and throughout Wednesday morning.

So If I go quiet for a few days, then you’ll know that it’s actually been more windy that I realised and our house and all our posessions have been blown away.

Stop panicking mum, I’m sure I’ll be fine. I’m just kidding. Sort of.

On an entirely different subject, it’s worth mentioning that I’ve had a few emails this week from people kindly informing me, that where they came out in support of my map mashing scandal, their ISP/hosts have also been contacted by Healy’s solicitors acting on behalf of TFL, and have had their stuff taken down – no quibbling, the hosts have in four cases (that I know about) have taken the stuff down, and then told the person that had posted it there that that’s what’s happened.

Now seeing as I could maybe get in trouble for perhaps still encouraging people to go forth and yet make more more mirror copies of the silly maps pages, I’d better not suggest it.

So I’m not. No no no. No siree. No way am I suggesting that at all. Goodness no. That would be wrong very wrong. Wouldn’t it? Making MORE copies of the sillymaps pages and giving them an endless task of tracking them all down? That would be just plain wrong, right? 🙂

Candy Bar of the Week Whatchamacallit(See all posts in Candy category)

Following on from Hershey’s ‘Take 5’ last time, we have another candy bar from them this week in the form of the somewhat complicatedly named ‘Whatchamacallit’.

“Peanut flavor crisp * Caramel * Milk Chocolate” says the wrapper, and I have to confess that after buying it, it got left in the car and went a little soft, so I had to place it in the fridge and let the melted-mis-shaped bar go hard again.

Whether this has altered the taste experience I know not, but as I’m not THAT big a fan of peanut butter anyway, this was never going to rank that highly amongst my favourites.

UK chocolate bar it reminded me most of : I can’t think of that many peanut butter based bars back home. Probably because I never used to eat them!
Would I eat one again? : Errr, probably not.
Leigh’s verdict : “Eugh! Too sweet. Don’t like it. I used to like them .. when I was like, ten years old …”
5 bar rating :

15 responses to “A is for …”

1. Semi Colin says:

which Howard Jones track?

2. Helen says:

ooh am i first!! Geoff i still have your foxes biscuits all ready and ready to post… i just keep forgetting to post them! whoops! x

3. Rob(Geoff's brother-in-law) says:

#1 What’s Howard Jones got to do with the price of fish..???

Shame about the maps charade. I always wanted to know where I could use my mobile (cell phone) on the Tube and it seems like I’ll never know. Therefore, I reckon you should re-post the maps! LOL!

5. Camilla says:

good point, you’re in America now, surely they can’t do anything to you?

Well i’m STILL hosting my stuff on ClaraNet at the moment .. a UK based host. If I ever get off my butt bum and move it to a US host now that I’m here, I think they’d have a much harder time taken me down, yes! It’s on my great list of ‘things to do…’ – watch this space.

I don’t get the Howard Jones thing either.

But the good news is that I don’t have HIV…

Non Reactive

7. Rob(Geoff's brother-in-law) says:

#7…Don’t have HIV which is good – BUT, do have bad-spelling, which is bad!

Geoff – my friends was a non-UK host. I’m not sure which country, but I can check. Said friend is quite angry, and is refusing to ever use any Tfl method of transport ever again 🙂

yay on results!

10. Semi Colin says:

#4/#7 My Last.FM Artist #6 Howard Jones

#8 – Rob. If you’re going to be picky, can we all play?

Why isn’t there a space in your name in “Rob(Geoff’s…) between the ‘b’ and the ‘(‘ ? It looks silly without one.

Why have you hyphenated the two words: ‘bad-spelling’. Surely it should just be ‘bad spelling’.

You’ve used the word ‘bad’ twice in the same sentence there, surely you could have thought of a better word to use? That’s very poor grammar on your part.

Anyway, moving on to more sensible comments …

#10 – I had quite a few offers from US hosts who said that they would not buckle as easy at some UK ones or even other US ones. I keep meaning to take one of them up on their offer.

#11 – Oh! Of course. Yes – I had a HJ session the other day and played all his stuff I had in iChooons in one go. I did it also with Level 42 this morning – is that less or more embarassing?

12. scottb says:

Howard Jones, Level 42? — NOTHING embarassing there. I’ll do a Spandau Ballet run just because.

I’ll see your Spandau Ballet, and raise you the Thompson Twins!

14. Kirk says:

#9: Don’t TfL have control over the roads as well now?