Raindrops keep falling on my head !

Video Clip of Geoff!… which is why I’m staying inside.

Ok, so it’s still a tropical storm – no hurricane expected here, but after six weeks of sunshine and high twenties/mid eighties temperatures, it now looks as if it’s going to rain solidly for the next day all thanks to Alberta Alberto.

And because I wanted to share it all with you … you can download this video clip of me in the rain here!

(It’s a 1.5Mb WMV file, shouldn’t take too long on any decent broadband connection!, Mac users aren’t allowed to bitch that it’s not in Quicktime, go and download Windows Media Player for OSX instead)

24 responses to “Raindrops keep falling on my head !”

1. Richard says:

F5!

Er…um…it rained a lot in London today too.

Er.. yes, but Charleston is set to flood tomorrow making parts of the city inaccessable! Is that happening in London too? 😉

3. Johnny Alpha says:

I love PROPER rain like that. None of this nancy rain we get in the UK.

4. scottb says:

We’re having rain in Alberto…. I mean Alberta, this week too, but it’s very very nancy.

Am I going to have to explain the phrase “Nancy” to some people here? And Scott… do you Canadians use the phrase “Full of beans” ? because Leigh had never heard that one before when I used it this week…

I can bitch if i want to…i’m just gonna choose not to 😛

7. Chris says:

I’m currently on a PC, thus allowing me to bitch about WMP.

It’s rubbish.

Long live Quicktime.

p.s. various bits of London were indeed flooded yesterday, and if memory serves from watching London Tonight, quite alot of cars got stuck in an underpass somewhere.

8. Tower Block Tina says:

Just watched the video clip, only hope your roof don’t leak!
    Have you still got your armbands?

9. Coco J. says:

I’m guessing the the phrase “nancy rain” does not come from here:

“Super Typhoon Nancy (18W) was a powerful tropical cyclone of the 1961 Pacific typhoon season. The system with possibly the strongest winds ever measured in a tropical cyclone, Nancy caused extensive damage and at least 173 deaths and thousands of injuries in Japan and elsewhere in September 1961. The destruction was so heavy that the Japan Meteorological Agency gave the typhoon its own special name, one of only eight systems to have been named.”

10. Paul Webb says:

No sign of an American accent there yet, Geoff

11. Moley says:

#2 Yes, as usual, parts of the tube flooded yesterday due to heavy rain following long hot days.

12. philippa says:

its nice to know that leigh isn’t used to your geekiness yet – she still laughs at you..

#12 … but for how long?

#10 – Definetely not picked it up yet. Although I may slip up sometimes and say something a little more local. The fun part is that if i DO try and talk southern, I can actually do it quite well. One of these days, i’m going to meet someone new and try and pretend from the off that I’m a local and see if they fall for it …

#9 – Coco. Well Placebo had a 1997 hit song “Nancy Boy”, except that that’s also the name of a a San Francisco based company that sell body & bath products. So who knows?

Either I am Deaf or Leigh doesn’t sound very American to me

15. Tip: Mac users should “Save link target as” to best download to a Mac. Agree with Chris…Windows peecee movies ARE junk in comparison to QT. Can you make us another video of you talking southern ???

I thought ‘nancy’ was another term for a pansy (wimpy) rain or something! But you’re saying it’s quite the opposite? Americans do say full of beans!

Speaking of geekiness..when will you announce your NEW project to the world?

16. scottb says:

#15 – Kris, ‘nancy’ definitely means pansy or wimpy. It’s not used
    in Canada, but I have picked it up from context. And we also use
    ‘full of beans’, well at least my father does. It’s not terribly hip.

#14 – I noticed that too. Leigh’s pronunciation of “Alberto” sounds more
    BBC than CNN.

#15 – What new project ?!?!

#16 (#14) – Maybe I won’t turn southern then. Maybe *I* am having an effect on Leigh, and she’ll turn all British instead.

Jolly hockey sticks, tea for two and cream scones all round! What not, eh?

18. Chz says:

Well it does look like the Stanley Cup (professional hockey league championship) will be residing just north of Geoff in North Carolina. 😉

19. tami says:

Come on down here by me and wait for the experience of a real hurricane! LOL

20. Johnny Alpha says:

Calling Geoff … you know we can’t post to Friday’s blog entry, it’s locked. (Not that I understand it enough to comment!)

21. Roland says:

Windows Media Player for MAc (OS X) is dead Geoff, Microsoft killed it off about 2 months ago, it has now been replaced by a QuickTime Component plug-in Flip4Mac

Here is more info

You can download here

22. Bob Hannent says:

Just found this blog entry for your local weather people:

I like wunderground site, its great for realtime data.

Yes, i’m being all aloof, enigmatic, and attention seeking by locking my comments down on purpose on my latest post. Normal service will be resumed shortly!!

24. Camilla says:

if you locked down comments who is annonymous and how has he/she posted!
    and why the aloof enigmaticness??