A load of old toss

Thank fcuk we won – otherwise the car would have looked really stupid.

Yes, it’s photo-blog-stuff today because I’m feeling lazy (ok, actually I’m quite busy and don’t have loads of time to write), but here’s what the TankMobile looks like when a Brit 4,000 miles from home attaches Eng-er-Land flags all over it.

Thanks to Adrian and Mark back home for putting them in the post to me. Oh and my mum too for sending me a world-cup wallchart, which I’ve been filling out religiously with the results.

We can look forward to being knocked out by Portugal on Saturday, and even if we do win – then it’s most likely that we’ll get Brazil in the semi-finals. ’nuff said!

Eng-er-land Flags

The flags do get a lot of attention though, and I’ve been quite suprised at the number of people to whom I’ve said “It’s for the soccer world cup”, and they do actually seem to know what I’m talking about.

Three quick pics…

Montage
  • Something tells me that there isn’t a “Small K-Mart” anywhere.
  • It’s a washing powder! Honest. And not slang for something else
  • Speaks for itself. Yee-hah!

32 responses to “A load of old toss”

Just seeing if I can post.. as your previous post won’t show my comments 🙁

Fimb – Eh? Why not! There’s nothing in the moderation queue! email me with what u were trying to post …

3. Tower Block Tina says:

So whats the equivalent for ‘toss’ in USA speak then? don’t they have ‘tossers then?

Americans would say “jerk yourself off” most commonly.

but for a complete list, including my favourites “Beating the Bishop”, “Pumping for pleasure” and “Ram the Ham”, then look here:

5. Skarlett says:

It’s been a bit fun wearing my England shirts here in the midst of Mexico and Brazil fanland.

Beckham displayed how I felt when I realized Brazil could be two away 🙁

Lovely goal from Beckham. Took his time, 3 years, sheesh 😛

7. Bob Hannent says:

In response to your images I shall direct you to: http://www.bustedtees.com/

On the flags… have you seen the email going around about flags on cars? Hmmm…

8. Andrew (TM) says:

Downloaded and listened to the iBlogUSA Podcast. Sounds good – I’m sure you picked up some tricks from the beeb! Is it just me, or is there a style/voice similarity to the BBC Digital Planet programme?

Get yourself a peak-level and/or overload meter though !!! 😉

Have honestly never played the digital planet programme! Where can i find that?

yeah, my mic popped a bit and i need to sort out my levels a little better for next time… no worries!

10. Neil says:

Geoff – good to see you’ve gone all English and pikey with the car flags.

Nice flags Geoff, you look totally Chavtastic!

#3 – geoff, its OK, it was just telling your mum was an SSID was.. and whinging about the pains of being a landlady (I did it for 3 years when I first moved to London!)

I’d type, hit “Submit Comment” and it would all look fine, but my comments never appeared 🙁

13. There ARE some small Kmarts. The Big ones just have fridge cases with cold products and some veggies. Our Kona Kmart is a very nice store, but in some parts of the country, Kmarts aren’t so nice.

“Laundry DETERGENT,” Geoff. No one calls it powder. (And I am guessing “toss” or “tosser” means something to you English? It’s basically got one meaning here–to throw out.)

I was glad to see photos of Beckham with hair. What are the chances England will win the overall World Cup? I heard the American team had to apologize for making some characteristically overly aggressive comments and offending the world.. ala “Bush is a Redneck.”

Kris:

To toss = Masturbate. Wank. Etc.. Need I go on? Er, no.

🙂

15. Andrew (TM) says:

#9, #10 BBC prog Digital Planet (incl. mp3 download): http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4849402.stm

BBC programmes podcast master-index: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/downloadtrial/

Andrew – nice one thanks. And from this have learnt about using:

itpc://www…. as a protocol/link to automatically subscribe for those running iTunes. Neat!

17. Simon says:

Soccer world cup… what happened to educating our trans-atlantic friends??? Explain the real meaning of football to them!

18. scottb says:

Tosser means that?!? Seriously, I didn’t know that. I agree with Kris, to us it’s totally
    innocent.

I’ve seen quite a few Eng-er-land flags on cars even up here. Incidently Owen Hargraves grew
    up in Calgary, but no one here likes him either.

19. Neil says:

There was a thing in the “The Game” supplement in the Times this morning about Owen Hargreaves which mentioned his growing up in Calgary.

Just thought I’d mention that …

20. Tower Block Tina says:

Kris, there are legitimate ways of using ‘toss’ here, as in ‘Toss a pancake’, i.e. cook one side and then
    flip it over, also you might toss a coin into a beggar’s (oops sorry, homeless person) hat in the street. We’re not all rude here, whatever you do don’t follow the slang link that Geoff put up. It might offend
    sensitive women!

21. TOSS means..er… that!!?? Whoa… OK. Now I know what “BOG roll” and “Toss off” means… I can go back to England and be properly rude.

22. David says:

Where is the next post Geoff? Also I hope that you check the register once and a while. So funny. By the way, I like your post!

23. Jono says:

Geoff, have you tried Bollocks on anyone there yet?

24. Paul Webb says:

As an old friend of mine once said: “We don’t have bollocks in America”.

25. Mark says:

Bollocks to penalty shootouts 🙁

Yes, I used it to describe England losing (again) on penalties this afternoon. “What a load of old bollocks!”. Sigh.

Yes, i’ve been slack. Had a busy week. New post coming soon – honest.

Oh, and i’ve taken my flags down … sigh …

28. Alan Perks says:

Geoff, as you might expect, I’ve been singing Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles almost constantly since Freitag abend!!

29. Rob(Geoff's brother-in-law) says:

Rooney is The Crown Prince of an hooligan nation – just like Gazza before him. Both, are an undisciplined talent. The Germans deserve to win this World Cup. Thank God it’s over, I hate all this “Rule Britannia stuff”. Hopefully, McClaren will start picking less average spurs players, & a few more quality WEST HAM ones!

Well I *have* got Germany in the sweepstake, and I stand to make 96, ($180) so COME ON DEUTSCHLAND!