Candy Bar of the Week

Oh Henry!

I kid you not – this one really is called Oh Henry!– a delightful name!

More peanut, more caramel, and more chocolate! <homer>“Mmmm… chocolate”</homer>

And this time it was recorded all for a future podcast, so you can hear me & Leigh reacting to it as we eat it. Let’s just say it was delicious, and is in my ‘Top 5’ candy bars of the USA so far.

UK chocolate bar it reminded me most of : A cross between a frozen Mars Bar, but split in two like a Bounty Bar.
Would I eat one again? : Definetely, yes!
Leigh’s verdict : “Yeah, it was quite tasty and I would eat one again”
5 bar rating :

14 responses to “Candy Bar of the Week”

1. Rhys says:

But, but, but… PEANUT! Brits don’t like peanuts or peanut butter or peanut flavored things – it upsets the natural order of the universe.

Come on, Geoff. Surely there are some delicious chocolate bars in the USA that don’t include peanut butter! It does seem, however, that the peanut butter bars do all have very amusing names. Reese’s Cups is one of my favourite names. It just sounds as though it could be vulgar innuendo!

“Oh Henry!” has got to be the best yet, though.

3. stroppycow says:

First saw one of them near Covent Garden a few weeks ago.

Anthony… it’s PEANUT. Not Peanut Butter! But they DO seem to have Peanut Butter overload here. As you will hear my comment on the next podcast!

Did you buy one Strops for the boy?

5. Lisa says:

Ya know, you ought to give a Charleston Chew a whirl – just for the namesake.

My favorite Peanut Bar is a Mr.Goodbar.
    My favorite Chocolate Bar is Hershey with Almonds.
    and you can never go wrong with a Snickers Bar.

All are better after a trip to the freezer.

Lisa… watch this space! I ate one earlier today.. i’m saving it for a future week! 🙂

7. DivineMrsM says:

Ooh! When you have a minute, could you send one for our firstborn please? Pretty please?

My mate has relatives in Canada who send him them via airmail. Greedy git never lets me try

Mrs M! Of course – excellent idea! i should have thought of it, sorry!

Want me to send you one too Mikey?

10. Chz says:

My flatmate always makes me bring a bunch of those back from Toronto whenever I’m visiting family. Thouyghto be honest, I don’t like them very much myself. The other big thing I’m forced to return with is one of those two pound bags of Jelly Belly jelly beans that Costco sells. Mmm…

Geoff, can anything be done about the comment box running under the sidebar in IE? Makes me incredibly paranoid that I’ve misspelled something I can’t see.

11. Tower Block Tina says:

#10 I too was having trouble with that sidebar thing, but it seems OK today. Choc bar reminds me of
    ‘There’s a hole in my bucket Dear Henry’ That stupid song that goes on & on. Also there is an amusing
    vacuum cleaner sold in the U.K. called ‘Henry’ it has a face painted on it, although I can’t think why! My My father’s name was Henry btw, and your Great Grandmother’s maiden name was Henry. Geoff, please send some choc bars home for me and your sister also chocoholics like yourself.

Heh, nah, its ok, you already sent me a tunnock, that was awesome. I’ll just keep pestering him, gives me something to do.

13. philippa says:

*definitely

what’s better than chocolate, geoff? answer= finishing my a-levels, and therefore my school years.. sob.

14. stroppycow says:

a bar was duly purchased for The Boy.