Arse(s)

i. To everyone that keeps telling me to go to BritSuperstore or similar to buy all the things I miss, here’s why I’m NOT getting any Ribena sent to me this way: The shipping is three times the amount of the drink itself!

I am not paying fourteen fucking quid ($30) for some. I love it, but not that much. Arse.

ii. I am no longer a World Record Holder. Just thought I’d mention it. Arse (again).

Still, on a lighter note – the results are in and our survey said that the US prefer dogs to cats. And we all know how dogs like to sniff each others butts. More arses.

16 responses to “Arse(s)”

1. Coco J. says:

Geoff!! You can order it from a specialty food importer within the US and the shipping is much less. Ribena + Southern Comfort?

2. Rhys says:

There are a couple of places near me that sell Ribena (I know this because I like to revisit my childhood on occasion and at such times I often end up acquiring a bottle). When I get a chance I’ll take a look and find out how much it costs I suspect it will be significantly cheaper than buying it online. (And come to think of it, one of the stores specializes in British foods and I think they ship). I’ll find out for you.

3. No doubt it would be $60 to send it from the UK to Hawaii! We get paradise shipping charges tacked on to everything you order online (almost, Apple is still free over $50.)

Sorry about losing the world record, that sucks big time, and you are not there to defend it or try again. Are you sure they didn’t cheat? 😉 Five seconds is really subject to suspect.

As for dogs’ habits, I’m still at the stage where I have to explain that to my kids. And there is just no graceful way to do that!

Yeah, you’d much rather we pay 10 shipping for you 😉

I managed to find Ribena on a relatively remote Thai island (no running water or electricity, but they had ribena *L*), so surely you must be able to!

5. Good to see you can at least still spell Arse correctly.

6. John says:

Ribena has been relaunched in Canada as a mainstream Canadian product (with new ‘retro’ label and bottle)rather than an imported British expatriate luxury. It has its very own Canadian website (http://www.ribena.ca)and advertises itself as

Ribena, Reinterpreted for Grown-Up Tastes and Entertaining “Today, we’re excited to see people reinterpreting Ribena and using it as a pantry staple, much like olive oil, lemon juice, or sundried tomatoes, to add the distinctive, delicious flavour of blackcurrant to their favourite recipes,” says Ms. Fyfe. “Ribena features a sweet, yet sophisticated balance of flavours. A little Ribena adds a powerful flavour boost, and a fresh, fashionable, regal purple hue, that brings a new dimension to almost any beverage or dish.”

So maybe you should look North and source it from there.

Its out of stock, but cheaper here – http://www.englishteastore.com/bev010.html

Or there is always Ebay..

eBay for Ribena!! LOL… excellent work Fimb!

Cheapest yet, D&L Groceries.

You’ll be pleased to know your blog comes in mid-way down page 5 on google for the search string “buy ribena $” *l*

Oh, and the good old Penny Ha’Penny Online *l*

British Market Online has a selection of sizes..

British Goodies online even has Bass Shandy *lmao*

And you get a bonus Roundel at English-Shop 🙂

I think I’m all linked out *l*

(ignore the English-Shop one *l* Its German.. I got over excited about the roundel *L*)

Fimb! have you nothing better to do on a Wednesday evening? obviously not!! thanks for looking though… i’m gonna put a bid in on eBay…

13. scottb says:

Perhaps Canada would be a good source for Ribena, just saw it in Superstore.

VERY sad about you losing your Guiness title. You’re still my hero

14. DivineMrsM says:

Did you see the recipe section on the Canadian Ribena site? #5 sounded intriguing…

Ditto to the sadness about the Guinness thingy. Roll on NY..?

15. Emmeline says:

NO! You’re not the Record holders any more? *sigh* There’s only one thing for it – you’re going to have to get going on that New York record…

16. ex-bbc rob says:

14 quid for a bottle of ribena – bargain!

try $4 for a dusty old packet of stale chocolate hobnobs from an italian store in ottawa…

what’s that all about?