In the pink

“Are you going to drive then?” said Leigh as we could both see outside now that it was raining.

Yup .. September is here, summer is waning, the rain is falling, and I’ve stopped wearing shorts and have actually worn trousers (pants) for the last three day in a row. It’s actually quite nice to cover my lanky legs up once more.

Pink Tic TacsSo I went shopping – at my local friendly Food Lion where the queues (lines) are long, and the local plod (police) like to drop in now and then to cast an eye over activities.

It’s not the place where I’d go to do big lots of regular shopping, but at one diagonal block away its dead handy for lifes essentials: Bread, milk, donuts and Tic-Tacs.

I moved to the USA just so that I could buy Cinnamon flavoured ones. Ok, that’s not strictly true, but I bet it would be in my top 100 reasons if you twisted my arm and made me make a list.

So I was quite thrilled this evening to see at the checkout some new pink coloured ones. Wooh.

Actually they’re Freshmint flavoured, but coloured pink as part of Tic Tacs Care program – and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.

I don’t think I’m going to eat them, I just think I’m going to collect as many boxes of different coloured tic tacs that I can.

I walked home. I didn’t drive in end. Come on! What do you think I am – American?

Besides – it was the delightful fresh summer rain that you can smell, and at one point I actually didn’t bother with my umbrella and revelled in the freshness of the raindrops falling down on me. It was nice.

Tic Tac, anyone?

18 responses to “In the pink”

1. Sellassie says:

yeah i’ll have one please… (but not the cinnamon ones, they sound revolting) 🙁 (lol)

I’m still jealous that you’ve got Pacman, on your iPod Video…

3. Heather says:

I lived in Minnesota for five years and I longed for our warm rain. Even in July the rain was like ice.

#2 – Get over it! It’s actually a bugger to control, and the novelty wore off after about 5 minutes. I suppose if ever I’m on a train or bus again one day bored, it might get played again… The new iTunes 7 rocks though!

#3 – It was nice gently rain to. The sun was setting as I walked (walked!) diagonally across the car park (lot) to get to the entrance, and stopped to lean again a pillar and watch the rain form patterns in puddles in the ground in the fading light. Then some big scary dude came over and hassled me for a ciagarette and I ran inside.

I think September might just be my favourite month in Charleston.

5. jj says:

it’s not normally this temperate in September.

wait until we have a week of 35 degree days in January again. and that’s 35 Centigrade, not Farenheit.

6. They look to me like white tictacs in a pink container. Can you verify they are really pink?

7. Kirk says:

We have lurid yellow TicTacs over in the UK now.

8. They’re now selling what purport to be Cinnamon TicTacs over here in the UK, packaged in a tempting red plastic container. But the TicTacs inside are still white, and they taste nothing like proper US cinnamon TicTacs, so I’d stay on your side of the Atlantic if I were you.

Is he shaking his tic tacs at us?! LOL

PS If you go for the New York one, I’d love to do it with you! I could use sometime off work!

OK, OK.. you’ve broken me down. I’ll send you a bottle of ribena in exchange for some breast cancer tic tacs!

#11 – Really? YAY! Standby for an email with my address…

#8 – DG, am staying put. Honest. I’ve almost gotten to like it here now.

13. TowerBlock Tina says:

Gotten! Gotten! You are turning more American by the minute.

#13 yeah, that was kinda deliberate.

actually there’s a MUCH MORE ‘american’ phrase that i’ve picked up on and have started saying with alarming regularity, but i’m saving that for an upcoming blog post…

15. TowerBlock Tina says:

Kinda? vat ist this vord?

Vat is das Deutchspeak you is talking vith?

17. Richard says:

Sounds like you’ve cheered up!

18. Alan Perks says:

Can’t even spell in German! Deutschspeak if you please, sir.