’tis the season to go home for the first time in eight months

HollyMy favourite email that I got sent today:

> Are you looking forward to coming back then?
> (on a scale from 0 to 10)

It will have been 239 days next week since I’ve seen my mum, my home town, and all of my best friends.

A ‘10‘ is nowhere near big enough.

22 responses to “’tis the season to go home for the first time in eight months”

1. David - Lightwater says:

You couldn’t get me some Reese Pieces please could you Geoff?

2. jaq says:

1. “This one goes to eleven.”
    2. “Home is where the heart is.”

Sorry, too tired to think for myself.

3. Coco J. says:

Do you go both ways, Geoff?

So yes, we’ll be in foggy, brown, cold Eng-er-land next week on December 28th for just over a week. Which means that I’m now taking stuff both ways.

Stewart – Polos?
    Sarah – Reeses Pieces?

etc…

5. diamond geezer says:

Going home? It’s always fascinating to see where people who’ve moved house (or especially moved country) describe as ‘home’.

6. Kirk says:

#5 – Yeah… I say home about Manchester and Cambridge almost interchangably…

7. sam says:

239 days without going home?? Im going crazy after just 4 months. And I’m bringing back just a suitcase full of teabags and cadburys. Mind you, it’s now snowing in Denver and i’m not sure that i’m going to make it back in time! It’s very christmassy though.

8. tami says:

I would like to hop in ya’lls suitcase for a ride especially since I cannot fit in the one quart …

9. Erin says:

Seeing that you counted the days since you had been home, I decided to do the same, 907 days and and I still have not been back to the country of the long white whispering cloud!

If you ask me nicely, yes! 😀

Bugger. Whilst admin’ing some comment spam, I accidentaly deleted some comments from this and the previous posts! Sorry people… you may notice your comment is not exactly how you first wrote it…!

12. Alan Perks says:

Evil thing to do Geoff, delete my comment, pah!

13. Alan P says:

lets hope the fog clears or you may end up in Birmingham (England, not Alabama)

Did you comment on this thread Alan? I know there was one with the google video link, but that was on the last post, wasn’t it? Sorry!

From what I can read about, the fog is mainly affecting domestic flights, and a lot of them at Heathrow, right? International flights into Gatwick next Thursday should be ok, i’m hoping ! ? !

15. TRW says:

I go home to Mt Pleasant, South Carolina (thanks for the map, just in case?) once every 365 days or so. Life here in Singapore for the past decade has been nice though. I love the warm Christmas weather, reminds me of SC.

Glad you are enjoying Charleston. I apologize for the lack of a Tiger Tiger outlet. Perhaps in the near future. T

16. Gatwick is foggy off-and-on, but mostly less bad than Heathrow. Gatwick is also more able to cope as there’s more slack in its usual timetabling. Cancellations are being targetted at domestic/local flights (where alternative travel is possible) so as to minimise the effect on international flights. You should be ok. Everything could change in a week anyway…

17. Alan Perks says:

Yes Geoff, I did post on the last entry. If you’re interested in the Google video link , it is here;

18. Roland says:

Weathers shit her mate, stay away . . .. then again I spose you want to come back and watch Spurs get there ass kicked.

19. leslie says:

When I lived abroad, I usually went home every year or so. Mind you, I’ve been back here for 3.5 years and last visited almost exactly two years ago. That’s the longest I’ve been away from Europe since I first went there in 1995. And I won’t get back for at least another year and a half. 🙁

At least I’ve had friends from there visit me.

My South African friend’s been living here 7 years and has been home once, 4 years ago.

20. Garion says:

Geoff, because of your ‘history’ with the London Underground, I bet 5 that you will end up doing some sort of challenge on the Underground when you’re home!:D

#20 – Garion, hate to burst your bubble, but I have too many people to see and not enough time as it is! I shall get the train merely to get from A to B.

22. Garion says:

Ok thanks for letting me know in advance. More money for me to spend in Harrods!