’tis the season to be nosey

HollyRight, c’mon then – where’s everyone going for Christmas day then?

I shall be spending it in Lake Norman, North Carolina as a lone Englishman amongst thirteen Americans (four of those under the age of 7) trying to explain why we say ‘Father Christmas’ instead of ‘Santa Claus’.

12 responses to “’tis the season to be nosey”

1. imabug says:

I’ll be spending Christmas with the wife and the in-laws just north of Wilmington NC. I’d say if you get tired of the kids, come on by, but it would be a bit of a road trip from where you are.

have a good one 🙂

2. sam says:

Im spending it back home in England. Made it home today eventually. I never want to go throught that experience ever again in my life. Up until 5 minutes before the plane took off i still wasnt sure i was going due to having been on standby for hours. England really is depressingly miserable, Stay in AMerica, i kind of miss the snow that made my life hell!!

great news sam. welcome home!

trust me – in years to come it will be a great anecdote to tell people – your nightmare in the snow at Denver airport.

now i just have to convince Leigh that England isn’t “depressingly miserable” as you so eloquently put it! she read my comments before I did and was like “huh?”. heh.

4. Ciaran says:

I’ll be spending Crimbo in the News Interactive Support Room (7500) Television Centre, London W12. Oooohh can’t wait.

In the words of the nan off the Catherine Tate show…

“WHAT A LOAD OF OLD SHIT”

5. Ciaran says:

Just in case you are wondering who the “nan” is off The Catherine Tate Show, take a look at this…

6. Johnny Alpha says:

I shall be spending it here in Port Douglas, Queensland. First time away from England for Christmas too! … and sad enough to be checking your blog while on honeymoon in Aus! PS the missus is watching me type this and laughing! Hopefully catch you while you’re back in London Geoff.

7. jj says:

couldn’t you just explain that they are merely avatars of the same universal holiday spirit?

8. Heather says:

Here in the corner,Moncks Corner.

Christmas brunch will be at our house, then a quiet day with the kids trying out their new toys.

9. Jon Allen says:

I’m going to be spending it ‘at home’ ie in Seoul. We’ve got five guests coming and an absoulte ton of food.
    Like you Geoff, I’m trying to put on a bit of wieght. I’ve been down to 62.7kg which is a bit too weedy.
    Are you having a before and after Xmas weighing?

The beef and chicken dishes along with all the potatoes, veg and christmas pudding tomorrow should bump up the weight!
    Have a great christmas everyone, wherever you are, and all the best for 2007.

10. Garion says:

I’ll be spending it up my mum’s new house in busy old Cardiff. I’d rather be home n listening to music on my new ipod video! (50 pence anyone?)LOL!

Mr Alpha! You sad man .. but very funny! Say “Hi” to your new missus for us. And enjoy Oz ya lucky bastard.

JA – Ok, MY WEIGHT – *has* been slowly increasing over the last few weeks, and just a few days ago I hit the ‘magic’ 160lbs mark. I’m wondering if I stuff myself silly over the xmas period if I can make 165 by 2007.

So, before: 160
    After: Find out next week!

12. TowerBlockTina says:

Mr Vegetable and myself will be having a quiet meal for 2 in the old Tower Block (magnificent views over Surrey of course) before the invasion of the grand-children and reading Geoff’s blog of course. Happy Christmas to all Geoff’s readers.