Shiver

22 responses to “Shiver”

Afterthoughts:

• Please don’t point out any spelling or grammatical mistakes in my hard-to-edit JPG file. (I’m looking at YOU Ian. Oh, and my mum)
    • Please don’t point out that I probably should have done this in CSS in the first place. (Jono, for that one)
    • Nads -> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nads
  2. Chris says:

So it’s obviously not just us getting the winter weather at last.

Snow last week although that said, seems Spring is back again today!

3. Simon says:

Did you get around to sending it? Or was it too cold outside?

4. jaz says:

The cold weather makes me miss playing in the snow back in Michigan!

Ice skating just isn’t the same inside an arena in North Charleston!

And where can you go sledding around here?

It’s a wicked winter without snow…

5. jj says:

don’t worry Geoff. it should be back in the 20’s by the end of February.

Now by 20’s you mean European twenties (C), and not American twenties (F) right? F-20’s would send me running home to a warmer climate …

Sorry Geoff, but I feel it’s my duty to ruin your day even more

“below freezing and THERE THERE is ice on the road outside”

I think there is some sort of test like that, where people don’t spot the word on the end of a line, and the beginning word on the next line being the same. Guess I passed.

Nice anyway though

that’ll be my version of the old ‘Paris in the the spring’ triangulation text, yes! 😀

9. jj says:

#6 – you do know it was 27 F (-3 C) last night, right?

i mean Centigrade, of course. i like temperatures in degrees C – it makes it seem like it’s not so hot out.

10. Me? I wouldn’t!

Dear Geoff.
    Thank you for you letter. What is a Centigrade?
    Love,
    America.

11. Ross says:

Geoff, just when are you going to become a weather geek and get an online weather station…….

10pm local time here, and 16.7 C (which apparently is 62.0 F)

PS off to Auckland next Wednesday local time (Tuesday yours), but will be round over the weekend if you want a catch up (MSN Messenger is preferred, just email us a time to our xtra.co.nz account 24 hours b4 hand so we can confirm availability. PS – email us a mobile number so I can try text ya-all from here)

12. “Bloody shock”? Good God, man, just how English are you ?! 😉

It was like that as well in St. Louis – balmy summers one month, freezing snow the next. Same in New York. But then, I love snow. Love it, love it, love it.

13. ClaphamCommuter says:

Geoff, you are showing your true Britishness by moaning about the weather. Now you are becoming American, surely there must be other scintillating topics you can go on about! Did you not notice when you moved to Charleston, that it is further south than England, therefore it must logically be warmer, although I think today we are warmer than you!

14. Dave Moulton says:

Just wait until there are news reports of a few snowflakes and all the schools close. Followed by more reports of bread and milk shortages and riots at Piggly Wiggly.

Its nice to know we have something in common Geoff. I too have an Auntie Vera! 😉

16. ClaphamCommuter says:

Sorry Paul, I think Geoff made that name up!

17. Lisa says:

#14 – Riots at the Piggly Wiggly in the winter?? I do believe you have your snow flurries and your hurricane panic attacks jumbled.

#16 My illusions have been shattered and its all your fault! LOL!

19. Johnny Alpha says:

LOL. That’ll be the globad warming all you ‘merrikins are causing, that will.

What would Lord Kelvin think eh?

20. Dave Moulton says:

#17 Hi Lisa,
    I was being facetious by exaggerating. A British sense of humor is often hard to understand.

21. ClaphamCommuter says:

Would someone tell me what the ‘Piggly Wiggly’ is please? Is it a bit like ‘Poundstretcher’

CC:

it’s a grocery store! about the equivalent of a Tescos.

here:

also affectionately known as ‘the pig’