I’d forgotten it was easter

Currently in the UK: Four day weekend.

Currently in the USA: Not so. Nobody gets Good Friday or Easter Monday off as Bank Holidays.

Or do they? As I now know of someone who’s company HAVE given them the day off today here – so I’m slightly confused as to what the offical policy is on holidays over the Easter period. Anyone?

Oh – and there are no Cadbury’s eggs in the shops anywhere – just those damn peeps.

15 responses to “I’d forgotten it was easter”

1. Talal says:

What are you talking about?! Target is overflowing with Cadbury’s Eggs! I’m not even Christian but have been pigging out on them for the last month! The orange creme ones are unbelievable.

Happy Easter!

2. Julia says:

Orange Creme Cadbury’s Creme Eggs???? heracy!

Well I guess I haven’t been to (T) recently. oops! time to make a trip.

jools – you can’t knock one ’til you’ve tried one, okay? buy some when you’re here next week…

4. Rhys says:

I’m an american I got to today off – it’s a school holiday and I’m a teacher. Also, I’ve been eating cadbury eggs all month. You just have to know where to look though I actually prefer the mini-eggs. (Try CVS)

5. imabug says:

if you work for the state or federal govt, Good Friday will be a holiday. Easter Monday is usually a holiday for schools. Most companies and banks will make Good Friday a holiday but not Easter Monday. If you work at MUSC under the Hospital Authority, you get no holidays.

I saw some Creme eggs in a grocery store just recently although I don’t recall which one. The Publix on James Island maybe?

I didn’t get an invite … hpmh! (Just kidding!)

7. ClaphamCommuter(G's Mum) says:

Don’t panic, Creme eggs are on their way!
    (The Mater)

8. sam says:

Don’t eat an american creme egg, just don’t. I cant explain it but they are just wrong. I would do anything for this weekend off but i have to work good friday, easter sunday and easter monday. Something is very wrong there.

9. David - Lightwater says:

Interesting about the Creme Eggs. I thought that the US was a big market for Cadbury’s Creme eggs. The ones sold in the USA, at least used to be, made in the UK and then transported by plane. Cos they are transported on planes they have to lower the pressure in the eggs so they don’t burst mid flight! Imagine the mess in the Cargo hold, choclate everywhere!

10. Stewart says:

I work for a company with Belgian roots and as such enjoyed today as a holiday. Most folks I know find the concept of Good Friday as a holiday quite odd.

11. Alan Perks says:

Yes, great 4 day weekend in Britain. And I get Saturday night off, in all the rest of the weekend. God bless all those who wanted supermarkets open Sundays and Bank Holidays!!
    I’m not in the least bitter!!

12. Kirk says:

I’ve been off for two days, but I’m in now tonight, tomorrow and Monday.

I gave the husband the choice of quality or quantity for easter this year, and he chose quantity *l* So he has 40 creme eggs which I’ll hide all round the flat tonight *grins*

14. Heather says:

I gave myself a halfday, hence the lack of updates. I decided to pick up some of the slack this morning.

15. I have creme eggs and Peeps, and am planning such a sugar fest.