You what?

So let me get this right:

People that have known me for YEARS, that have known my email address (which has been the same since 1999), who have never bothered to stay in touch with me much over the last 14 months I’ve been in the USA, now suddenly get uber-communicative with me just because of bloody Facebook!

I keep getting messages, poke notifications and wall scribblings from various people. There must be something about the hype of supposedly the internets biggest time waster.

I’m going to get back to working on my excel spreadsheet

9 responses to “You what?”

1. Geoff's Mum says:

Well, I don’t understand all this ‘Face Book’ stuff anyway, I just keep reading the blog. Is
    the ‘Biscuit news’ a wind-up or is it true? I think I’m outa touch, amusing tho.

2. miles away says:

ah, don’t worry, once you have been on facebook a while, people sort of calm down speaking to you. There’s an initial “oh my, look who’s just joined facebook, must send them lots of things and growing gifts and strange pictures and tag them in pictures of when they had that awful haircut at the age of thirteen” thing. After a while….there is more calm.

but the poking continues…

I have emailed you … and I enjoy giving you a poke from time to time!

4. Jono says:

Like you’re not an attention-seeker…

5. Henrietta says:

Right on, Jono.

Come on Geoff, get with the times! Maybe this is the newest wave of staying in touch with those friends 4000 miles away.

6. Wayne says:

How can someone who updates their status three times a day not be loving the attention! 🙂

I didn’t say I didn’t like the attention… i’m saying – well look, read what i wrote above!

Three people – two who haven’t emailed me AT ALL all the time i’ve been in america, and one guy who’s emailed me twice, now suddenly are leaving me messages in facebook, writing on my facebook wall, poking me and sending me gifts! And i’m just like “hang on… my email address ISN’T enough for you to contact me? you have to wait for me to join facebook for you to feel like you can interact with me again!?”. weird.

and no mum, the news biscuit thing is a joke.. 😉

Oh, and it’s 1am in the morning, Friday and i am WIDE AWAKE because my body still thinks it’s five hours earlier. Bugger.