Route 66-ish

11 responses to “Route 66-ish”

1. Kwaddy says:

You have gone up market. Blogging videos. Nice. The journalist in you.

2. Tina (G's Mum) says:

Cool man, video blog, let’s hope the Highway Patrol don’t catch up with you. I would have liked to see more of the mountains you were talking about!

3. Tina (G's Mum) says:

OOps, I didn’t stay with it long enough, hope you got back alright! Scary

Ok, i’ve looked up where i was now on google!

Click here to go to google maps, and hit the ‘Satellite’ button to see it! I’d gone down Sorrel Trail to Wild Wash way before the road disintegrated into nothing …

5. Leigh says:

I’d like to point out that “Leigh pissing off for the day” does not mean I was in a bad mood. It’s just Brit speak for the fact that I was out all day at a photography workshop- the main reason for being here! Thus Geoff had a free day to do whatever he pleased.

I used the Depeche Mode version of ‘route 66’, but i know it’s a song that ‘s been recorded about 20 times. does anyone have any of the versions that have been done by anybody else?

7. Stewart says:

OK, you’re on a road to nowhere.

C’mon, let’s ride.

So.

You’re out in the sticks, with nobody else about, a camcorder in hand, and in posession of a rental car.

Is there not room in the videography for at least some handbrake turns? Y’know, general hoonage?

We’ve some education to address back in SC with respect to the Land of Opportunity…

Dammit Stew. You are of course completely correct. A chance of vehicle abuse, and a 99% chance of getting away with it and I failed to take advantage.

Also, i’ve only just seen it, but did you see the sign (on the right of the the video for about 2 seconds) as i drive past it? it’s been shot away!! classic.

9. jj says:

“(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66” was first recorded by Nat King Cole. the Cars soundtrack had both Chuck Berry’s version and John Mayer’s. my favourite would probably be Asleep at the Wheel’s version, with Nelson Riddle’s a close second (Riddle performed the version used as the theme for the television show)…

10. popmusicfan says:

Of course the best version was by Chuck Berry followed closely by the Rolling Stones. If you look in ‘Wikipedia’ you can see the full history including a UK spoof version sung by Billy Bragg using the A13 road in Essex. I’ve never heard this but expect it was funny!

11. Roland says:

Macbooking it up here man

you know I might even buy the route 66 song . .. you bugger