Road Trip

What do you do when you go to Chicago? That’s right – you have to come back again.

I actually flew up on a one way ticket, because I knew that the plan to come home was to road-trip it back with Eleanor and Zach – two people I’d been in Chicago with, and share the 15 hour-ish drive on the way back.

One day, I will do a complete tour of all 48 states, and video the whole thing as I go, and put it online – so I thought this would be an excellent test to see just how feasible it is, and what the production problems are on turning around a video of what it’s like to be in a car for so long.

Oh … and to find out if it’s actually interesting to watch too. Let me know? Because this is the result, which I admit isn’t as polished as I would normally do, but is still quite fun!

Hurricane Hanna is actually a Tropical Storm – so don’t panic mum, but yes – Charleston is going to experience some very bad weather this weekend, but we’re NOT getting a direct hit from a hurricane. Yet.

• Google Map – I did not add one into the video. But the route we took is this one if you’re that interested.

• It’s also www.vasectomyreversal.com and not ‘removal’ which is what I said in the video. But you’re probably a smart enough cookie to work that out for yourself, aren’t you?

8 responses to “Road Trip”

1. Heather says:

I’ll consider you a blooded roadtrip warrior after you’ve managed a 26 hour trip solo with four kids.
    In all seriousness, I love roadtrips boring bits and all.

2. Leigh says:

I kept expecting to hear a little ELO in the beginning shots of the car door closing and starting the ignition…. And did you actually get to ride in the front the entire trip?!

3. Chucker says:

Thanks for the video. My daytime “road trip” flying back from London for most of Tuesday was GREAT compared to going over at night whilst trying to sleep sitting up in a cramped Airbus seat.

Tuesday it took about 8 hours to get to Philly but meals, movies and tv shows made the time pass quickly.

Did you say you FLEW for 19 hours when you went to Alaska?? Yikes.

We’ll have to sit and discuss riding the Underground.(Did you notice I used “whilst?”)

4. Geoff's Mum says:

Welcome back. So how long did it take exactly, did you get any sleep at all? And no I am not panicking, but has the storm arrived yet?

Welcome back Chuck! I sat in the drivers or passenger seat at all times – never in the back. We left Chicago at abouy 3.30pm on Tuesday, and with an hour stop over in Lexington KY, got back to Charleston at 07.30 am on Wednesday. I think I got about one hours worth of “airplane” sleep ….

Storm is here! You’ll want to check out the *amazing* (ha!) video i just did on theDigitel.com, here:

And after all that .. Hanna failed to really stir us up. yes it was a bit rainy, but not that windy. there have been worse weather days here in Charleston this year when NO tropical storm had been about! pah… typical…

7. Richard says:

If you’re going to do 48, and you’ve already been to Alaska, why not do Hawaii and then you can get all 50.

And chuck in Washington DC and Puerto Rico for the hell of it…

Who says I’m not planning on going to Hawaii? 😉 I already have a friend there who is willing to let me stay… and my next trip involves either DC or Puerto Rico, so yes!! all in hand!! 🙂