I’ll be back in one month

Hello. It’s April 2nd, 2009.

In one months time on May 2nd, I’ll have been in the USA for exactly three years. A lot of stuff – good and bad – has happened in that time, and it’s now culminated to the point where I feel I need to move on and do something rather grand.

So my plan (which has been kicking around in the back of my head since LAST summer) is finally coming to fruition and going ahead. And it’s a good one, I promise. A really good one. You’re going to love it. And I’d very much like it if I could entice you to follow me along.

But to help me get there, I need to take a little time out so that I can finalise everything that needs sorting out over the next few weeks, and then the blog will be back with avengeance, plotting my progress in immense detail as the next phase of my life begins.

So check back on May 2nd (sorry, no more blogging between now and then!), when I’ll be announcing something which – even by my standards – is going to be rather special, and a hell of a lot of fun. Oh yes.

Find Out

41 responses to “I’ll be back in one month”

1. John Bravin says:

Hawaii and Alaska could be the key

2. Clare S says:

But Geoff already went to Alaska last year I seem to recall, didn’t he?

3. DaveP says:

yes he did… it’s here

Glacier walking in Juneaue, capital of alaska

so it’s not that. or is it? could be a bluff!

4. Chuck Boyd says:

Years ago I stayed a few days in a town called London…in Canada.

Geoff, are there a LOT of places named London? Just asking.

check out:

goto ADVANCED SEARCH, and choose ‘populated places’. there are 36 in the USA called “London”.

6. Raineth says:

Aha! One London is less than four hours away from where I live (and also near where I vacation every summer), and I didn’t know it. I’ll have to see who it’s populated with, this year.

Miss you already.

7. Scott says:

Awww, Not even a little hint, thats unfair. I do predict the rest of the USA better brace itself though 🙂

8. Chris R says:

All this talk of 36 Londons is very interesting – I once thought it might be fun to try and climb all the mountains called Olympus. I thought this after I’d climbed what I thought was the only one. I still think it’s fun, I suppose, I have just become old and don’t have any vacation time. Where was I going with this?

9. (William) Andrew says:

Walk/cycle/drive from east to west coast?
    Or visit every state in the USA?

10. Chris says:

Ok, let’s give this some thought … Firstly Geoff will be loving the speculation. He does suspense rather well. Secondly there is always a clue – in fact the image in the post is so obvious it might even be a red herring (false clue – for statesiders).

Geoff is clearly quite into the improv. scene and when Geoff’s into something he’s *really* into it, usually to the exclusion of all else. So it would be a surprise if it didn’t involve improv in some way. Geoff loves travelling. The more obscure the reason for travel, the better (Evidence: Geocaching, Tube challenge etc). So, improv and travel.

Geoff also loves completeness – the definitive article, not a stab at something but total conquering. Finally, connections are going to be important (I suspect #5 has an insight). For sure it won’t be something anyone has done before and almost certainly something that no-one else will ever want to do. Geoff will be the first last and only person to do this.

So, I think he’s going to perform at all the improv. venues in the USA in towns named Charleston followed by all the venues in towns named London, then come home to London, England and write a book. Have I got it?

11. Riddler says:

yeah but its all so “very geoff”, isn’t it? which i find kinda tiresome. just tell us what your planning on doing NOW mate. and get it over with.

12. Geoff's mum says:

I think he’s going to walk backwards, blindfolded with no electronics gadgets ‘whatsoever’ round the boundary of the state of South Carolina, in record time i.e. about 6 weeks. Bet no one’s not done that before. Of course he might get locked up by the cops for being a nutter!

13. bmk says:

but harsh, riddler? i like the suspense… will be back on on the 2nd may geoff!

14. Richard says:

He’s just a big tease. I’m wondering if he’s mad enough to try and visit every county in every state.

and in case you think that’s a crazy idea (every COUNTY in EVERY state), then there are 300 people out there already trying to do it:

16. Deborah says:

no, i think the map of the USA is a false clue! he’s clearly trying to make you think that, which means he’s about to hop country and go somewhere else that also ISN’T england! maybe he met another girl?

17. Amandeep says:

I think you should ride a bike cross country, couch surfing or camping the whole way.

18. TAMI says:

So, I read all the replies and think they all sound reasonable. I then go to sleep and actually dream about all of you sitting around a table with Geoff and me and trying to figure out who is correct. That is really strange to dream of you all and only know a few~ He wont give hints. I add that he will make it to all states but cant figure out what he will have in common with all of them. Like ya’ll say with Geoff anything is possible!!

19. bryce says:

i saw jeff this morning down on rutledge with what looked like dan filming! driving past. theyre’ up to something!!

I can confess that I (Geoff – with a ‘G’!) was indeed filming something yesterday morning with Dan that does indeed pertain to what I’m doing next month…

21. MJR says:

It’s going to involve stats, and grahps, and keeping track of things – whatever it is. if not, then i’m going to be very disappointed!

22. Leanne says:

Whatever he’s up to, I’m in for the ride. The 50p for an iPod was lot’s of fun, as have been many of the other activities Geoff has been up to in the past. I think this will top them all though.

23. cyrius says:

bored of waiting Geoff. this has better be good…

T minus 16 days …

25. Scott says:

Just a thought, how many cities in America have underground systems? and do we think Geoff may be paying all of them a visit perhaps???

As far as I’m aware, there at 13 cities in the USA with metro/underground/subways systems:

– New York (MTA), plus the PATH and Staten Island
    – Washington
    – Chicago (The L)
    – Boston
    – San Franciso (BART)
    – Philadelphia
    – Atlanta (MARTA)
    – LA
    – Miami
    – Baltimore
    – San Juan (Puerto Rico, sort of USA-ish)
    – Cleveland
    – Detroit

And I’ve done 6 of those: (NY, San Fran, Boston, Washington, Chicago, Atlanta) which leaves me just 7 to do. IF that was what it was of course, but it isn’t.

But you’re on the right lines …

27. Stephen K says:

Maybe Geoff is moving to one the above cities?
    New York?
    LA?
    Chicago?
    San Francisco?

28. Scott says:

hmmmm, right lines.. Now i am curious. Maybe we need to think bigger than the states here?

Is he gonna come back to the UK and try and beat his old London record?

30. Leyton Danio says:

Is he going to visit every Amtrak station in America?

Amtrak:

21,000 miles of track, 500 stations, covering 46 states.

that would be quite cool, wouldn’t it?

We’re getting warm guys … I can feel it in my bones!

33. Smudger says:

I bet he’s going to have a sex change. That’s got to be a journey and a half, even in the weird world of Geoff…

well i *do* like breasts. a lot. but enough to get my own pair? we’ll see.

35. bmk says:

almost there.. almost there.. almost there.. any chance you could update earlier, geoff?

nope! May 2nd!

37. Sam says:

One more day till we find out! Well I have to wait till Monday till I am near a computer again, not sure if i can stay in suspense that long. I cant believe you have been out there that long. Its two years this week since I came back. I miss America every day. Congratulations!!

38. TinaO says:

Is it going to be at midnight tonight UK time, or do we have to wait ’til Geoff gets up, has 6 cups of tea, types it all in, then the 5 hr time difference? I suspect the latter – about 10pm tomorrow night then UK time. Bating my breath right now.

Midnight USA time, 05.00am UK time – so don’t stay up waiting for it if you’re on the right side of the pond.

I might have done it 7pm USA/Midnight UK except I’m having to go out to work this evening, so can’t do it until I get back.

40. Breesauri says:

24]Отечественные звезды эротично зажигают перед камерами.
    Кролики нервно курят в сторонке когда видят с какой скоростью и желанием эти парни долбят задницы друг друга. Такого вы еще не видели… para-ischet-paru Дрочка, как смысл жизни все сайты знакомств тюмени
    А дома так не подрочить Хотел трахнуть друга? Посмотри как это бывает прямо сейчас
    Эти ребята отличаются от других. Они любят трахать мужские попки и сосать мужские члены. Посмотри с каким желанием и силой этот молодой самец трахает упругую попку своего партнера. Интим знакомства Ревда Развратные игры студенческой парочки знакомства находка девушка для секса
    Безумный секс в студенческом общежитии знакомство мужчины самара Сумашедшие малышки дико стонут, утопая в экстазе от секса