20. And Home

And I’m back in Charleston.

So it’s taken me three weeks to recover, catch up on my sleep and get some sort of resemblance of a ‘normal’ daily life back. Which means it’s now time for a post-trip ‘debrief’ interview …

In the meantime, you’ll find me down the library most days, writing it all up – one published book forthcoming. Toying with the idea of creating a photo-album style book as well, which will make a great Christmas present to give to people.

10 responses to “20. And Home”

1. Tina (Geoff's Mum) says:

What a coincidence that I should phone you just as this was being made, I must be psychic. Anyway thanks for entertaining us for all those weeks (and putting up with me for a week,) it was worth staying up every night to log on & see where you were. At the end of this video I had a lump in my throat & tear in my eye. Good Luck with the book. : )

2. Gerard says:

Great work Geoff, have thoroughly enjoyed it, nicely wrapped up. There must be a channel that would buy this from you, maybe put all the videos into a couple of programmes or something. In a way, I’m glad that you waited a bit before posting the final episode, built up my anticipation! Perhaps it has added to it also as you’ve had a bit of time to recover and reflect, rather than rushing it out so that you could close off quickly. Top stuff all round, well done sir.

3. Tami says:

It was a great ending!!!! I really enjoyed the journey from my arm chair and cant wait for the book and movie. Thanks for the shout out in the end but please in the book spell it correct!!! LOL…… I really loved our visit and you inspired me….

4. You accomplished an enormous feat with this trip. Congrats. I too think New Mexico and Arizona are among the most beautiful U.S. states. And Hawaii of course too. 🙂

It was nice to see Tina’s name on the credits. My mom loved seeing Tina participating! She thinks, as all of us who have met Tine know, that Tina/Mum is entertaining enough to have her own TV show. And certainly, we look forward to her memoirs. 🙂

BTW, I noticed the big bottle of windshield wiper fluid in the back of your car, which made me chuckle…as it is a must for any long, dusty, dirty roadtrip. 🙂

5. Kirk says:

I feel like applauding 🙂 Thanks for it all Geoff. It was brilliant.

6. Betty says:

Thanks again, Geoff. It was such fun to follow your journeys and to meet you. You are an inspiration!

7. Chris R says:

Fame at last! Very impressive, I must say. If I hadn’t met you I’d think you were quite the professional…

8. Michael says:

Thanks for the chance to ride along your trip across the USA. I hope every thing works out as you have planned. 🙂

9. scottb says:

Brilliant. So glad you stuck with it to the (seemingly) bitter-sweet end. Not sure why I merit a thank-you, though (but it’s gratefully received). Looking forward to the book.

10. A very melancholy ending. The journey and what it meant I suspect will take a long while to sink in. Agree on the Chicago and the four corners. Would make a wonderful setting. Good luck with the book.