Coming soon … probably

To document, or not to document – that is the question.

I’m 30,000+ words into my book (and I’ve been reliably informed that 150,000 is your ‘standard’ book size, so I’m about er …. 20% done on that front) but I’ve also been going back through ALL the video footage that I shot over ten weeks trying to decide if something is salvagable from it.

The main thing that is (obviously) still making me wonder what to do is the lack of original material from the first three weeks (all the tapes were stolen in the robbery – and I can only salvage/use the low quality Flash Video that’s been published on the web), and the further low quality footage shot on the backup camera in week four and part of week five. Can I still make somethiing out of it all … should I? Would you like to see something anyway even if the first part was of a lesser quality and shorter in length?

Let me know what you think.

14 responses to “Coming soon … probably”

1. Dave Ladner says:

2. Rudi says:

The ending is very “Her Majesty” – kinda sweeps in out of nowhere, leaving you wondering if there’s more.

Great trailer! And yes, cobble it together from the various quality video sources. Should be quite the trip….

Yea make the video/DVD!!

4. Kris in Hawaii #202 says:

YES..I think the break-in/burglary has become a significant chapter in your trip…so maybe make the negative incident work in your favor? It’s now part of the story…

5. gerard says:

Love it! Excellent.

6. tami says:

I couldnt pull it up on facebook but got it here. It is great… Do it!!! You have to,….

7. Raineth says:

Ahh, an epic toilet shot! Somehow I’m thinking that should have come after the theft scene…
    I vote “yes” & second Rudi– whatever clips you’ve got, use them! It think it will be worth it.

8. Michael says:

Yes, God I grew up watching black and white TV. 🙂

9. Pat (aka "cheappd") says:

More! I want to see more!

The story is what’s important. You need to put this together using whatever quality of video you have. I’ll buy it!

10. Scott says:

Bring it on, use what you’ve got, i’m defo up for buying a copy?

11. I think apart from the masterbating – leave the rest of it in 🙂

12. Allie says:

In my little corner of the non-fiction publishing world, 70,000 words is the standard book size. That makes about 288 pages, which is a nice not-too-big, not-too-small biography sort of book. Anything over 100,000 starts getting unwieldy!

13. mum in new zealand says:

Yes, def go for it, and charge for it, recoup some of your outlay. Loved the tolilet bit, and yes leave out any sexual references please, need to keep this for the grandkidz.

14. Andre says:

I say cut it all together, have the break in at the beginning to explain the lower quality of the early footage, then play it all through, show the break-in again, the will to move on, toss in the happy ending, and take this thing to the sundance film festival!